You’ll need a competent Minecraft server hosting company whether you’re playing Minecraft with your buddies or creating a massive online community. With the correct hosting, you can not only enjoy lag-free multiplayer sessions, but also safeguard your in-game achievements with an extra layer of protection and periodic backups. Look over our collection and choose the hosting that best suits your demands and budget.
Minimum Minecraft Server Hosting Requirements
As you may know, hosting games is difficult since they are often more resource-intensive than standard online apps. Fortunately, Minecraft isn’t exactly a resource hog, so you can simply run it on web servers that fulfill a few minimal requirements.
That being said, we’re talking about the most basic Minecraft settings, sometimes known as pure Vanilla. You can get away with the very minimum in the VPS hosting space for such installations and an average playing group of up to 10 users.
Let’s have a look at the exact specifications for vanilla Minecraft hosting in numbers:
- 1GB RAM
- 1 CPU Core
- 2GB RAM
- 2 CPU Core
We’ve skipped over storage space needs because they’re so small in comparison to what most hosting companies offer. Simply ensure that the storage is SSD-based.
If you’re more serious about Minecraft, though, you’ll want to look into hosting configurations that allow you to play with groups of 50 or more people. You could also want to think about alternative options, such as using custom modifications, which will raise the requirements even higher.
In such circumstances, we propose a VPS hosting plan like Hostinger’s Minecraft Villager Plan, which comes with 3GB of RAM but costs $12.95 per month. As you can see, the more gamers you wish to host, the more money you’ll spend each month.
What are the Best Minecraft Server Hosting Providers for 2022?
The need for Minecraft hosting has grown over time as the game’s popularity has grown. Instead of including all of them in this article, we’ve chosen the best-performing ones to make your selection easier.
Here are our top picks for this year’s finest Minecraft server hosting:
Shockbyte has established itself as one of the most dependable inexpensive
- Activates your server instantaneously upon subscription.
- Guarantees 100% uptime as covered by its SLA, which means uninterrupted gaming.
- Creates a subdomain for your server to attract more people to join your game.
- Has 24/7 support on standby to help with your problems and issues.
- Guarantees DDoS protection according to its SLA.
Customers may choose from a total of
Hostinger is one of the most popular web hosting companies, therefore it’s no surprise that it also has one of the top
Hostinger offers the ideal options for customers who want to get the most out of their Minecraft hosting plan without having to know anything about sophisticated server and network configuration.
- Uses a Multicraft panel to help you set up your server and manage it with just a few clicks.
- Comes with the best-preinstalled mods so you can enjoy the full experience straight away.
- Protects servers from DDoS through its advanced automated hardware protection.
- Possesses enterprise-level backup data so you can restore lost or damaged data easily.
- Has servers across the globe to provide low latency to players wherever they may be.
All plans include all of the aforementioned capabilities, as well as at least 2GB of RAM and 2 virtual CPUs. Prices range from $8.95 to $29.95 per month, with the most expensive plan (Enderman) including 8GB RAM and 8 virtual CPUs. Finally, every plan is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. Apex Hosting
Apex Hosting is one of the most well-known Minecraft server hosting providers, with a 4.7 rating on Trustpilot from hundreds of reviewers. You can’t go wrong with the firm when it comes to setting up your server, as seen by the
- Access to their experienced service admins via industry-leading 24/7 live chat support.
- Enables to change server version files in a few clicks or ask for help from their friendly team.
- Provides low latency on Java or Bedrock across their servers around the world.
- Allows creating a site for your server just like Technic Launcher using its free subdomain.
- Supports all types of Minecraft maps, mini-games, mods, and plugins.
There are seven tiers of plans available, ranging from 1 to 7 GB RAM. Each plan has a cheaper initial price that raises to its usual price after the first month. You can also get a 10% discount if you pay for each plan quarterly. Additionally, you have the option of having the Proxy mask your IP address for extra security.
ScalaCube is mindful of the expectations of its customers across its servers, which include Hytale and Ark. That’s why ScalaCube’s Minecraft server hosting provides you more control over how you start your game and better tools to keep track of who’s signed in.
- Create your own Minecraft launcher using a custom control panel for full control.
- Install over a thousand unique modpacks with just a single click.
- Monitor the players on your server using the configured website and forum.
- Enjoy an unlimited number of servers with unlimited slots from its powerful VPS servers.
- Offers a 50% discount on the succeeding server you purchase after your first.
5. Dream host (DreamCompute)
The DreamCompute service provides competitive Minecraft cloud servers. It’s suited for both simple and sophisticated settings, and it provides all users with amazing speeds. It also provides a simple and predictable invoicing method that eliminates unpleasant surprises at the end of the month.
DreamCompute is DreamHost’s cloud computing service. There are many things you can use DreamCompute for from creating simple cloud servers to advanced network configurations. Many people choose DreamCompute for:
- Hosting website using software/services of their choice
- Running their own MySQL server
- Gaming purposes
- As a Plex Media Server
- Running web-scale applications
- Development and test environments
- Full Root & Shell Access (SSH)
- DDoS Protection
- Uncapped Bandwidth
- Local MySQL Server with Full Root Access
- PHP7/ Perl / Python / Ruby / OPcache / Node.js
- Reseller and Sub Account Features
- 24×7 Tech Support & Server Monitoring
Get Minecraft Hosting That Scales
DreamCompute is the ideal solution for Minecraft servers that require fast speeds and consistent uptime.
If you already know you want the best speed and control, DreamHost’s dedicated server option could be for you. It has several advantages, including fully-managed, cross-platform cooperative play. However, if all you need is a simple server configuration, we can provide that as well.
FreeMcServer is a free server hosting service that offers high-speed and low-latency servers to its consumers. It provides two free plans from which hosts can choose.
The first has 1.5 GB of RAM, 10 GB of storage space, four-hour renewal, and mod support. The second option includes a two-day renewal, 384 MB of RAM (expandable to 4 GB), no backlog, and no mod support.